If you are looking for a way to eliminate extra kilos or pounds, here is an alternative that can be effective and, best of all, it is very easy to implement.It is called exercises or interval training and you can start from scratch or incorporate them into your current exercise routine, either on your walks, when you go out for a run or when you ride your bike. Find out what the exercise is about in intervals.
Everyone has their own style to do exercises. What’s yours? Some like smooth and continuous activities, which are rather slow and harmonious and, over time, tone up the muscles and allow the results to be seen in the body. Others, on the other hand, prefer the most demanding and powerful exercises, which require greater physical effort. Between these two styles there is an alternative called exercises or interval training, which uses a bit of both in search of better results.
How? The so-called interval training is an exercise technique that combines brief periods of effort with a few minutes of rest. For example, if you walk on a treadmill in the gym you can do 4 minutes of normal walking combined with one minute of accelerated walking, then 4 minutes of normal walking to replenish energy and then 3 minutes of accelerated walking to rest 4 minutes with one normal walk and repeat 1 minute of accelerated walking.
The options are varied and you can apply them when riding or riding a bicycle or when going for a run, for example. You can also combine outdoor sessions with the gym. Before starting, the ideal, if you can, is to consult with a qualified trainer to advise you on how to start and how you should go modifying this routine because exceeding with this type of training can cause the opposite effect to the desired, with symptoms as weakness and fatigue, among others.
When practiced properly, these exercises help you burn calories and lose excess pounds or pounds, while also allowing you to tone muscles and stay in shape. In short, among the main benefits of interval training are:
- Burn more calories, even if you increase just a few minutes each time.
- It improves aerobic capacity and performance, as it improves cardiovascular training, and allows exercise for longer or with more intensity.
- It offers results similar to those of traditional aerobic training but in less time. You will begin to notice the changes in a matter of weeks after beginning this routine.
- It also increases the ability to recover. This is important in some sports such as tennis, basketball ( basketball ) and soccer, among others.
- It helps you avoid boredom, since you can vary the intensity of short intervals, adding variety to your exercise routine.
- You do not need any special equipment, you just have to modify your current routine a bit.
As with other types of physical activities, in this case there are also some cares that you should consider, especially because in the moments of greater intensity, the interval exercise causes your heart rate to accelerate and the body to demand more.
This may not be appropriate for people suffering from heart or joint problems, for example, as well as those who have asthma or other respiratory problems. Therefore, if you have doubts about this or know that you have any particular health condition, or if you are over 40 and have not exercised for a long time, it is always preferable to consult your doctor before starting any exercise routine .
Even in healthy people it is possible to overdo this type of training, as it may have risks. Some specialists recommend taking at least two days off between one session and another, especially if you notice unwanted symptoms that may be caused by exceeding your training. For example, it can cause:
- Weakness, malaise and decay.
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty to sleep.
- Chronic pain and inflammation.
- Colds or chronic respiratory infections.
- Overuse injuries, such as tendonitis
- Unusual tiredness
If you notice any of these symptoms, take a break and do not fear that you will lose your physical condition since you can recover it when you feel good again. Remember that each person is different and that is why it is important that you adjust your exercise routine according to your capacity. If you have doubts, it is always preferable that you consult with a specialist about what care you should consider to maintain good health and enhance the benefits of regular exercise.